Who among us has not been tested? Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson, Dean of American Jewish University's Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies, will speak about passing life's tests on October 17, 2012, from 12:00 - 1:30PM on Campus.
Rabbi Artson holds the Ziegler School's Abner & Roslyn Goldstine Dean's Chair and is Vice President of American Jewish University. He is a member of the Philosophy Department and is particularly interested in theology, ethics, and the integration of science and religion. Rabbi Artson is the author of 10 books and over 250 articles.
This program is one of ten monthly programs presented by American Jewish University's Women's Lunch and Learn program which offers their members learning experiences at the university with fabulous teachers, interacting with other like-minded, interesting women, and enjoying a delicious lunch. The membership rate is $20 per lunch program and funds raised go to student scholarships. This year's program features wonderful speakers and is sure to be thought provoking.
- Tuesday, November 13 – Rabbi David Woznica of Stephen S. Wise Temple will be discussing "Ten Extraordinary Lessons Judaism Brings to the World."
- Thursday, December 6 – Aimee Bender, best-selling author & professor of creative writing at USC, will present, "The particular Sadness of Lemon Cake."
- Wednesday, January 23 – Rabbi Edward Feinstein, Senior Rabbi at Valley Beth Shalom, will be discussing, "What Got us Here, Won't Get us There: The Coming Revolution in Jewish Life."
- Thursday, February 21 – Dr. Rob Wolfson, professor at AJU's Graduate Center for Education, will be talk about, "Beyond Maxwell House: How to Have Your Best Seder Ever."
- Wednesday, March 20 – Rabbi Jay Strear, Sr. Vice President & Chief Advancement Officer at AJU, will be present, "Created in the Image of…: Reclaiming a Healthful Body Image Within Judaism."
- Wednesday, April 17 – Gina Nahai, Professor of creative writing at USC, will be present, "The Enigma of Iran: Why the Birth Place of Modern Islamic Militancy Can Foster its End."
- Wednesday, May 22 – Dr. Robert Wexler, President of AJU, will be discussing "Finding the Soul of the American Jews."
- Tuesday, June 11 – Rabbi Richard Camras, Senior Rabbi at Shomrei Torah Synagogue, will talk about, "What Will You Learn Today? A Discussion on Spiritual Growth and Lifelong Learning."
There will also be two special sessions: the evening of Thursday, March 28 – Women's Seder with Rabbi Naomi Levy, author, founder, and leader of NASHUVA, the Jewish spiritual outreach movement, and Jared Stein, musical director of New Jewish Community High School; Sunday, May 5 – Women's Retreat with Amy Ephron, award winning novelist of Loose Diamonds…and other things I've lost along the way.
To purchase tickets or for more information, please contact Reggie Nudell at 310.440.1211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.